Port Regis recognises that the welfare of a child is paramount and we take seriously our duty to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people in our care. Port Regis is committed to safeguarding and we recognise that all adults, including temporary staff, volunteers and governors, have a full and active part to play in protecting our pupils from harm.
We believe that Port Regis School should provide a caring, positive, safe and stimulating environment that promotes the social, emotional, physical and moral development of the individual child or young person.
We have a Safeguarding Policy and procedures in place to:
· afford protection for all pupils
· enable staff and volunteers to safeguard and promote the welfare of children
· promote a culture which makes this school a safe place to learn and live.
All staff (including supply staff, volunteers and governors) must ensure that they are aware of these procedures.
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child or young person’s welfare.
We will ensure that any concerns about our pupils are discussed with his/her parents/carers first unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child or young person’s welfare.
- Designated Lead (DSL) and Prevent Lead is Henry Marshall, 07531 818848
- Deputy Designated Leads (DDSL) are Huw Jones, 01747 857966 or Amie Cull, 01747 857867
- In the Pre-Prep (which includes the EYFS) the DSL is Ailsa Boardman-Hirst, 01747 812099
- The Designated Safeguarding and Prevent Governor is Judy Williamson
- The Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) is Patrick Crawford, 01305 221122
- Children’s Services – Sturminster Newton Offices: 01258 472652/01202 657279
- Dorset Safeguarding Children Board www.dorsetlscb.co.uk
- MASH (Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub): 01403 229900